Hope your Christmas was as fabulous as mine! I took a week off from blogging—plus everything else. As I mentioned on my last blog, our whole family spent the holidays in a cabin in the mountains. I checked my messages once a day (sometimes), ignored calls from my assistant (she said she was starting to get a complex), stayed in my pajamas for several days (I did exercise and shower every day, but just climbed back into pajamas afterwards), and loved every minute of it!
And I knew we would all come back with a new family tradition or perhaps barely speaking. (Just kidding, of course—I knew we would get along great!) I’m happy to report that we have a new family tradition; we will definitely be doing this again!
I have several highlights and one lowlight and tons of photos to share!
- Kids went sledding
- The Whites went skiing nearly every day
- Several of us went snowboarding
- Puzzles, games, and movies
- Making gingerbread houses
- I didn’t leave the cabin! (except to step outside and watch the sledding)
- Lots of delicious food!
- Beautiful days (a nice mix of sunny and slightly overcast—no big storms until after we headed back home)
- The highest highlight of all—doing absolutely nothing that we didn’t want to!
Lowlight (is that a real word?)—
- Starting the day after we got there, at least one person was sick with a fever; the last few days there were several sick Gardners. We called it the “flu that keeps on giving.”
Just a quick note—I’m still in a semi-holiday mode, working from home. So don’t expect to hear from me too much in the next few days. Hope the rest of your holidays are wonderful!